Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Book Review :: The Plans I Have For You Holy Bible, NIV

The Plans I Have For You Holy Bible (NIV) is a new children's Bible. There are a couple of cover options, but the one I am reviewing has a printed hard cover with some colored foil accents.
The Plans I Have For You Holy Bible (NIV) has black text (including the words of Christ) with various blue accents (headings, chapter numbers, etc.), and is laid out in two columns. This is the NIV version of the Bible (© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011). The text is standard size - not too large, and not too small. It does contain some basic footnotes.

There are a few regular features that make The Plans I Have For You Holy Bible (NIV) unique. Each of the features have a blue scale color scheme.
They are:
- Highlighted Scriptures (100): highlighted Scriptures throughout (listed in order of occurrence at the back of the Bible in the "Scripture Index")
- "God's Big Plans" (50): practical overviews detailing God's plan for specific individuals/groups of people, ending with a call to action (listed in order of occurrence in the "Index to God's Big Plans" at the back of the Bible)
- "Promise Prayers" (25): verse references and written prayers

With the attractive styling and the gender-neutral colors, I'd say The Plans I Have For You Holy Bible (NIV) would be great for either gender and a variety of ages - starting as early as age 6 (if they are reading) and up to around age 11. 

The Plans I Have For You Holy Bible (NIV) has the basics you need, with some great extras and is a good choice for a Bible for any child in your life. 
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy through their book review bloggers program. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: