Friday, August 5, 2016

Book Review :: Miracle in Music City (Glimmer Girls Series) by Natalie Grant

Miracle in Music City is the third book in the Faithgirlz Glimmer Girls Series by Natalie Grant. (London Art Chase and A Dolphin Wish are the first two books in the series.)
Because Miracle in Music City is a "tween" book, I am going to hand this over to my daughter for the review (*spoilers included*):

Miracle in Music City is about three girls who, together, solve a mystery. Gloria Glimmer, their mother, wants them to learn that you are never too young to make a difference, so when she is invited to sing at an auction being held at The Grand 'Ole Opry, they take it as their chance to help. Their teacher, Mrs. Carpenter, donated an old guitar to the auction. She told the girls that it belonged to Earl Eldridge Jr., a famous singer that happened to be her great-grandfather. The girls spend time at the local soup kitchen and make a friend, but soon afterward, the famous guitar goes missing! The girls work together to return the guitar, and they also donate some clothes, toys, and books to their new friend. They all learn what true friendship is. 

I asked my daughter a few questions about Miracle in Music City - here they are with her responses:

Was the book interesting?
Yes.
Do you plan to read it again?
Yes.
What did you like about this book?
I liked the story better than the mystery in this one.
What (if anything) did you NOT like about this book?
I didn't like how the book was mostly a story, not a mystery. The guitar was only gone for a short time, so there wasn't much mystery.
Would you recommend this book to others your age?
No.
What ages do you think would enjoy this book best?
8 to 10
Any other comments about this book?
No.
Out of a total of 5 possible stars, what would you rate this book?
4 stars.

The Glimmer Girls series by Natalie Grant is a great option for tween readers, and I know my daughter is looking forward to the third book in the series (The Miracle in Music City) being released later in 2016.
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: