Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Book Review :: Garden of Eden (coloring book)

Coloring books are great for everyone from 1 to 100 and Zondervan has come out with a new one called Garden of Eden
As you might imagine, the Garden of Eden coloring book is filled with images of flowers, plants, and animals (and Adam and Eve). There are verses from Genesis chapters 1-3 spread throughout the coloring book that go along with the images. Some of the pages feature full scenes (many on two-page spreads), while others are just a single animal or a pattern made up of smaller images. The images are printed on both sides of the pages, so if you were wanting to color something for framing you would need to make a decision on which side to use.

As I mentioned in a review for another coloring book put out by Zondervan, I noticed a few layering/design inconsistencies in the artwork that I would have preferred not to see in a coloring book put out by a major publishing house. I may have only noticed them because I work with digital design software, but I wanted to mention it just incase.

All in all, I think the Garden of Eden coloring book is a great choice and would even be a great addition to a homeschooling unit on creation. 
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: