Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Book Review :: The Dragon's Descent (An Ether Novel) by Laurice E. Molinari

The Dragon's Descent is the third book in the Ether series. The Ether novels are Laurice E. Molinari's first novels. (Prior to these, she was most known for her script writing for movies such as My Girl, The Brady Bunch Movie, and more.)
Because The Dragon's Descent is a "tween" book, I am going to hand this over to my daughter for the review (*spoilers included*):

The Dragon's Descent is the third book in the Ether series. In this book, Vero returns to the Ether, the realm of angels, and is told that the journey he has been dreading must finally take place. Vero is the only guardian angel who is worthy enough to search for the Book of Raziel, a blue sapphire that was lost long ago by Raziel himself. Raziel remembers nothing about the book's whereabouts and begs Vero to help him. Vero, his sister (Clover), and his friend (Tack) all work together to find the book and return it to its rightful owners. Traitors, enemies, and other struggles fall upon the three, but they soon fulfill their journey and Vero must leave the earth, and become a full-fledged guardian angel. 

I asked my daughter a few questions about The Dragon's Descent - here they are with her responses:

Was the book interesting?
It wasn't my favorite.
Do you plan to read it again?
Maybe.
What did you like about this book?
I liked the end, where Vero went to meet with God.
What (if anything) did you NOT like about this book?
I'm not exactly sure. I just didn't like it as much as the other books.
Would you recommend this book to others your age?
Yes.
What ages do you think would enjoy this book best?
10 to 12
Any other comments?
My favorite one is the Pillars of Fire.
Out of a total of 5 possible stars, what would you rate this book?
3 stars.

My son (who has loved the entire Ether series) told me that this book was probably his favorite of the three, and he would rate it 5 stars. We're meeting in the middle of both opinions and rating this 4 stars.
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: