Friday, October 2, 2015

Owl Bottle Cap Necklace


Today I have a fun, quick project to share...something wearable using The Twinery's Solid Denim twine.
I love creating jewelry and other wearable items with The Twinery's twine because it is so soft! (It is 100% cotton.)

I started by using a bottle cap to create my necklace base. I then added some split rings to hold that cute little owl charm, which was created using shrink plastic.
First I stamped my image on shrink plastic, colored it in, and then I used my heat gun to shrink it. In the photo above you can see how the image shrinks in size - the first piece is unheated, the second piece is partially heated, and the third piece is completely heated. (And don't worry about all the curling that happens as you are heating it - it doesn't seem like it, but it will flatten out.)

When I had the bottle cap and owl charm all completed, I used three strands of Solid Denim twine to create the actual necklace portion. I tied a few knots in the twine to give it a little added interest, but that is not necessary. (Pun intended.)
Unfortunately for me, my neck model (my daughter) has confiscated the necklace. Good thing they are so simple to create!

Thanks for stopping by!
Supplies:
Twine: The Twinery (Solid Denim); 

Stamps: Unity Stamp Company (You Are A Hoot);
Ink: Ranger (Archival - Jet Black);

Markers: Zig;
Other: Kraft Outlet (bottlecap);
Tools: Fiskars (Scissors); We R Memory Keepers (Crop-A-Dile); Ranger (Heat It Craft Tool);

No comments: