Friday, September 18, 2015

Book Review :: The Plans I Have For You by Amy Parker, illustrated by Vanessa Brantley-Newton

The Plans I Have For You is a cute book by Amy Parker and illustrated by Vanessa Brantley-Newton based on the popular verse Jeremiah 29:11. It is a hardcover book with a dust jacket. (Both the hardcover and the dust jacket have the same design.)

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, 
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, 
plans to give you a hope and a future."
- Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
The first thing that drew my eye to this book was the adorable illustrations by Vanessa Brantley-Newton. The cover illustration drew me in, and the interior pages did not disappoint. Each 2-page spread is large, colorful, and playful. 

The book is written (in rhyme) as if God is speaking directly to you, the reader (or listener). It is meant to be an encouraging and inspiring book for 4-8 year olds, and I think it does a good job of it. (I might say the age range is more like 3-7 or so, though.)

The Plans I Have For You is deserving of a cozy spot on any family's bookshelf.
FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: