Friday, October 11, 2013

Blessings Book {The Twinery}


The Twinery has another inspiring challenge going on...the "In The Round" challenge.
My project may be a little more along the lines of "In The Round...and Round...and Round" because I spiraled my twine to create my circles, but that's what I love about these challenges...they just get your creative juices flowing and allow you to create something fun.

I've created a "Blessings Book" for my newest niece. (I've been blessed with two new nieces born less than two weeks apart.) She's a 1 pound 3 ounce bundle of preciousness and I am thanking God that she has had a relatively gentle transition into the world - even if it was three months earlier than we expected.
The book has a small paper bag as the base and patterned papers for the cover and interior pages. I used The Twinery's Solid Natural twine to bind it all together. I also added a band that simply slides on and off to keep the book pages from spreading out too far when it is not being looked at. The band is decorated with a die cut doily, some circle punched pieces of patterned paper, and then I layered on tiny "dots" of spiraled twine (again using Solid Natural twine). I love the extra texture the twine adds.
You can find all the details about how to join in on The Twinery's In The Round Challenge here.
And if inspiration isn't enough to make you want to join in...how about this awesome prize?
I can't wait to see what you create for this challenge!

Supplies:
Twine: The Twinery (Solid Natural); 

Patterned Paper: Prima Marketing (Songbird - A4 Paper Pad); 
Other: (Paper Bag);
Dies: Papertrey Ink (Parisan Lace Doily Die);
Tools: Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors, Round N Round Squeeze Punch); Tim Holtz (Tiny Attacher); Scor-Pal (Scoring Board);

No comments: