Thursday, April 4, 2013

Book Review :: Signs, Wonders, and a Baptist Preacher by Chad Norris



I recently finished reading  Signs, Wonders, and a Baptist Preacher by Chad Norris, and I can tell you that this book has definitely made me think. The author knows that the subject can be "weird" and says throughout the book things like: "If you want to chuck this book into the trash, I understand."

If you get through the back cover description of the book without running away, I think this book is worth your time to read. If you didn't, well...then reading this review probably won't help you much.

The book is very easy to read - it probably took me 3-4 nights of easy reading to read it cover-to-cover. The content, on the other hand, was not always so easy to read. I have to admit that some of the things that the author introduces in the book were new to me...some VERY new, and honestly I am still not sure what I think about it all.

The thing I DO know about it is that it made me think. It has helped me to pray and live my life with more faith - even in the "weird" things. It has helped me to see even more that I need to lean more on God to take care of things rather than counting on myself.

FTC Declaration: The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy through Chosen Books. This does not change the fact that I will give my honest opinion in my reviews.

No comments: