Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Road Trippin' {The Twinery}

As you read this I (Tifany) am probably in the middle of hearing a repeat chorus of "Are we there yet?"
Our family is moving across the country (something like 2500 miles - yikes!), and we expect for it to take 4 (or quite possibly 5) days for the entire trip.
To prepare for the trip, I knew I wanted to have something that would be new and exciting for our three kids, but something that would not wear out its fun-ness after a day or two.
In order to do this, I've decided to start each new day with a little something...topped off with The Twinery's twine.
I've chosen two colors of twine for each of our three kids (Pink Sorbet and Lilac for our 8 year old daughter, Peapod and Charcoal for our 6 year old son, and Mandarin and Denim for our 3 year old son).
I used the twine to tie a day tag on each day's surprise - inside are simple things like stickers, activity books, and new chapter books for my two readers. 
I have a feeling that these day bags are going to be a great hit on the trip...hopefully it will keep us all sane until we get there. :o)

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies: 
Twine: The Twinery (Pink Sorbet, Mandarin, Peapod, Denim, Lilac, Charcoal); 
Tools: Fiskars (Scissors, Scalloped Sentiment Border Punch, Upper Crest Border Punch, 1/8" Circle Hand Punch);


No comments: