Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Halloween Banner {Authentique Paper & Glue Arts}

***Looking for my post for the The Twinery & Sweet N Sassy Stamps blog hop? Look HERE***

{As seen today on the Authentique Paper blog}




Hi!

Today I'd like to share with you a project I created using Authentique Paper's Glowing Collection with the help of some great adhesive products from Glue Arts.


I started out by cutting the base pieces for my banner from the Glowing Collection Foundations.
{Each piece started as a 4"x4" square, and then I trimmed it into a triangle.}


I used ExtremeTac Adhesive Squares to adhere the paper banner triangles to some canvas fabric (they definitely have an extreme hold...even on canvas!) and used my pinking shears to cut the canvas.


Each center letter is a sticker from the Glowing Classic Type and is adhered to a scalloped circle punched from the Luminous paper. This is all popped up on UCutIt.

I added some die cut embellishments from Glowing's Noteables, Icons, and Tabloids and some extra little sticker phrases from Diction. Some of the die cuts are adhered using Raisen's to add a bit of depth.


I added some touches of The Twinery's twine in Mandarin and Charcoal to finish it off.

My grandma recently broke her ankle and had surgery and is stuck in rehab for a few weeks, so I plan to send this to her (along with my card from the current color challenge) to add a little Halloween flair to her room.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies:
Patterned Paper: Authentique Paper (Glowing - Foundations, Luminous);
Stickers: Authentique Paper (Glowing - Classic Type, Diction);
Die Cuts: Authentique Paper (Glowing - Noteables, Icons, Tabloids);
Adhesives: Glue Arts (ExtremeTac Adhesive Squares, Raisen's, UCutIt);
Twine: The Twinery (Charcoal, Mandarin);
Accents: Maya Road (Doilies - Kraft, Transparency);
Other: Canvas fabric; Safety pins; Mini wooden clothespins;
Tools: Fiskars (Trimmer, Scissors, Pinking Shears, Scalloped Circle Squeeze Punch); Tim Holtz (Tiny Attacher);

7 comments:

Kelly Sas said...

OMGosh Tifany! I just LOVE your banner!!! I like that it is not over the top spooky, creepy or themey (is that a word?!?) It is perfect touch of orange and black - which is Halloween. It is just a festive Halloween. How very thoughtful of you to send it to your grandmother so she can have some cheer and love in her room. You are so nice.

Kate said...

Great Banner Tifany. This looks Great.

Cindy deRosier said...

What a great project! It will certainly brighten your grandma's room.

Unknown said...

wow...this is amazing! a lot of work must have gone into this :) wonderful!

Stephanie said...

what a gorgeous banner Tifany! Your grandma will have the most festive room for sure once she hangs this up :)

maryz said...

Beautiful banner!

loes de groot said...

i really love this banner : )