Friday, November 19, 2010

You Color My World

Happy Friday!

You may have noticed that I have a new look for my blog (thanks to Shabby Blogs) and that I have also updated the format of my blog by adding tabs. (You can click on "Blog", "Publications & Special Accomplishments", or "Designer Positions" to see it all.)
I hope you enjoy the new look!
(Be sure to check out the free blog backgrounds and headers and extras that Shabby Blogs has to offer.)

Today I have a very quick & easy card to share.
(And some more good news!)

I was trying to come up with some sketch ideas for different cards and was wanting to use Pink Paislee's fun Artisan Tape and came up with this quick design.


Sometimes it is fun to color (some might call it "scribble") like a kid again!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill {Lily White}; Kraft Outlet {Paper Bag Kraft}; Georgia Pacific {White};
Stamp {Rolling Rubber}: Provo Craft {12 pt. Circa, 18 pt. Circa};
Stamp {Rubber}: Odd Bird Planet {Earth};
Ink {Pigment}: Rubber Stampede {Black};
Tape: Pink Paislee {Artisan Tape - Orange};
Color Media {Crayons}: Crayola Twistables {orange, green, purple, blue};

And for the good news: I have had three cards accepted for publication in the May/June 2011 issue of Paper Crafts magazine! I am still very new to having anything published (so new that I haven't actually SEEN anything published yet since the magazines won't be printed until next year), and it is so exciting! I can't wait to see my work in print!

7 comments:

Monika Wright | I Love It All said...

I'm so excited for you...all these wonderful pubs picking up your work, the new DT and becoming an Aunt...so many good things going on in your life! Yippee!

I'm so happy to be on the DT with you, now let the fun begin.

Anonymous said...

This really solved my problem, thank you!

Anonymous said...

А! Great, i found what i 've been lookin for

Anonymous said...

Really like the graphical design and navigation of the site, easy on the eyes and good content. other sites are just way too overflowing with adds.

Anonymous said...

You completed some good points there. I did a search on the theme and found the majority of persons will have the same opinion with your blog..

Anonymous said...

Sounds good, I like to read your blog, just added to my favorites ;)

Anonymous said...

You completed some good points there. I did a search on the theme and found the majority of persons will have the same opinion with your blog.