Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Crazy Pair

This is my debut project as the October Guest Designer for Creative Cuts & More! I am so excited to work with their products this month. Be sure to get ready for a great blog hop on Friday, October 16th. Come back here to see what I've created and also be sure to visit the Creative Cuts & More designer's blogs {I'll have links for you then} to see what they've come up with!


Get it? Pear...pair...very punny, right?

For now, let's talk about today's project, shall we?

I really wanted to create a layout with shaped paper, but it is harder than it looks! I just added the kraft cardstock behind the great scalloped circle cut from Creative Cuts & More and felt comfortable again. I paired {ah, get it..."pair"ed?} the cute pear cuts with a chipboard frame. I generally cover my chipboard with paper, but this time I thought it looked nice plain. I added in the pictures of two of my crazy kids, a 6x6 sheet of Basic Grey Archaic paper, and then created the title spot using a basic shape from a free digital scrapbooking journal stamp and created the grid and title with GIMP {the font is CK Newsclips}.


The great cuts from Creative Cuts & More really helped the project come together quickly! The supplies I used are listed below if you'd like to scraplift my layout {and if you'd like to use my title spot just click on the image below for the full version}.


Creative Cuts & More Supply List:
1 x Circle - Scallop Mini 11 1/2": Textured Bazzill - Chiffon
1 x Antique Elegance Frame: Chipboard - Medium Weight
2 x Pear - Mini - Family Preserves: Textured Bazzill - Pear
2 x Pear - Mini - Family Preserves: Textured Bazzill - Parakeet

Other Supplies:
Basic Grey paper, kraft cardstock, Fiskars scissors
, GIMP

2 comments:

Jenny said...

SO CUTE!!!!!!

Steph Zerbe said...

Crazy pear. That is too cute!!