Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It's got purse-onality!


I've been wanting to make a purse for a long time now. The purse I was carrying was just too small and one big inner pocket. I wanted something with lots of pockets for all the things I think are necessary to carry with me at all times. You know - like a tape measure, gum, chapstick, coupons, lots of pens, a cell phone, my wallet, a planner, random pacifiers and toys and various other odds and ends. I wanted pockets everywhere.

In the front:

On the sides:

In the back:
{Check out all those pen slots!!! There are ten!}

And of course, inside:
{There is a pocket at the back, two pockets at the front, and two bigger sections divided by another two pockets.}

With plenty of room for my big, fat wallet {which is stuffed with more junk...I mean necessities}:
{Note to self: Buy a brown wallet.}

I wanted an adjustable buckle type thing for the strap, but I couldn't find one and wanted to be able to use my purse...so this is what I have going on for now:

I found the outer fabric at JoAnn's in the remnant bin and got the toile for the inside there as well. (Coupon!)

For the flap decoration I made my own appliqué of a bird like I made for this card.

It's still not exactly what I had hoped for, but I am happy to announce that even making my own pattern there were no major mess-ups or seam-ripping episodes, so I will declare this one a victory!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

WOW! Great job!

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to make a purse (or messenger bag type thing) for ages, then put it on the back burner. I'm glad to see someone else has done one, and so well. Great color choice!

Anonymous said...

I've been wanting to make a purse (or messenger bag type thing) for ages, then put it on the back burner. I'm glad to see someone else has done one, and so well. Great color choice!

Shannon said...

How fun! Great job. Love the combo of fabric... remnant deals are so great! I'm totally into sewing right now... it's so calming I just can't get enough. Must be the calm we need playing with 3 little ones all day :)

jeany said...

Hmmmmmm my first thought is " WHY ARE YOU NOT SELLING THESE BAGS"???
That is truly fantastic Tifany & i certainly would purchase on even tho i live in Ireland,start marketing girly ,you are losing out!!!!!!!!

Jean :)

Amy Butler said...

You can definitely make me one just like that and I would love it! :) Great job.